Roaches are said to be the worst pests to carry diseases and are often found in a dirty environment that are not maintained regularly.
There are many liquids and sprays available in shops to kill these roaches instantly. Some prefer effective homemade natural remedies to get rid of the insects from their homes especially from kitchen corners.
There are quite a few successful natural and effective home remedies that have worked in many kitchens. No one likes their home to be a place shared with roaches. We hate the very sight of cockroaches running on kitchen items, and we look for instant home remedies to get rid of them.
The companies that sell their chemical products are mostly toxic and are harmful to kids and pets in the home. Some are not even aware of their ill effects.
We are here to tell you some of the smooth and effective natural home remedies to get rid of roaches from your homes.
Seven Best Home remedies
1. Baking soda and sugar is a simple, effective mixture to kill roaches. You must be aware of where these roaches hide and place this mixture for them to eat and kill themselves. Baking soda mixes with roach stomach acid and makes them die eventually. Mix equal parts of baking soda and sugar and sprinkle them in areas where they hide. Sugar is added to attract the roaches towards this mixture and eat them
2. Boric acid is sufficient to kill roaches and is widely used. They are available at stores and online. Since it is not safe for consumption, it must be kept away from children and pets. Only a light dusting of boric acid is required, and it is not effective when wet.
3. Fabric softener kills roaches easily. You need to make a spray out of it and spray it in places at your home where you see bugs frequently. You can mix a 3/4th cup of fabric softener with ½ cup of water in a spray bottle, and it is ready for use. Roaches breathe through the skin, and when this mixture gets on the surface it suffocates them, and they die.
4. Roaches hate the smell of bay leaves. All you need is a handful of bay leaves crushed well in a mortar and pestle. You can also use a knife to break the dry leaves thoroughly. This powder can be sprinkled in areas where the roaches hide. They smell of bay leaves is overpowering and kill the insects.
5. Cucumber slices or peels are effective repellents against roaches.
6. Lemon peels or lemon juices when placed or sprayed in hard to reach roach areas are sufficient for its anti-pathogenic properties. Make sure the lemon is not too much diluted, and the lemon smell is powerful. Clean the countertops to the floor with this mixture thoroughly, and this repels the roaches away easily.
7. Coffee grounds can be used to get rid of roaches. All you need to do is fill a jar with water and coffee grinds. The insects get trapped in water and will die within forty minutes. You can apply petroleum jelly on the inside of the jar to catch the bugs from climbing out.
Try these above best seven homemade remedies to get rid of roaches, so you need not fear to switch on the lights to see the insects creep on the floor each day!